Scroll down for current vacancies. Waltja is a community based Aboriginal Organisation, based in Alice Springs, working across the Central Desert Region. Waltja supports the development and management of innovative and appropriate services in remote communities.
- Successful job applicants will have a 3 month probation period.
- Salary sacrifice is available after the probation period is completed.
- Waltja staff are required to undertake a police check and hold a current Ochre Card.
Waltja’s Board of Management is seeking applicants for the positions listed at the bottom of this page:
- Positions identified as Aboriginal Identified are as per section 57 of the Anti Discrimination Act 1996(NT).
- Aboriginal people are also encouraged to apply for all other positions.
- Selection criteria must be addressed for applications to be considered.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
Selection criteria must be addressed for applications to be considered.
Please send your application to Waltja or email [email protected]
PO Box 8274, Alice Springs NT 0870
All current vacancies:
The Trainee Project Worker will be directly accountable to the Team Leader.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Commitment to participate in Waltja’s organisational activities, such as Committee
Meetings, AGM, Festivals, Strategic Planning and Workshops.
- Willingness to work together with all the Waltja staff and projects and be a positive
and productive team member and role model for other workers.
- Work at the direction of senior staff to deliver program outcomes in a culturally
- Willingness to be self directed in own work as well as work within and as part of a
- Encourage Aboriginal people’s participation in decision making at all levels
- Assist with the planning and delivery of workshops in conjunction with other staff
- Actively participate in accredited training, professional development and on the job
- Comply with Waltja policy and procedures.
Selection Criteria – Field Worker Trainee
- Prepared to maintain strict confidentiality, reliability and trustworthiness.
- A willingness to effectively communicate with and be sensitive to the cultural protocols of all peoples.
- Good written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Willingness to perform all tasks whether they are about computers, vehicles, cleaning, training.
- Willing to be involved in all Waltja activities in the office, at meetings and workshops, at training, presentations and markets.
- Experience using various computer programs.
- A supported environment to come to work each day and on time.
- Prepared to work within Waltja’s organisational values, code of conduct and safety principles.
Completed year 12
Completed Community Service Certificate