What to include in your application
Your application must include:
- Up to date resume or CV
- Cover letter
- Current referee details of 3 recent referees
- Your statement of claims addressing all of the selection criteria
Waltja’s staff are BASED IN ALICE SPRINGS BUT MOST POSITIONS INCLUDE REGULAR WORK OUT BUSH Regular bush work is required for most of these jobs eg your schedule might look like this: 2 weeks out for 4-5 days each week followed by 1 week in town, then 2...
Position: Community Development Youth Work
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Waltja trainees as appropriate
Contracted time: 38 hours per week, 5 days a week, fixed term
Travel Required: Extensive travel to designated remote communities
Essential: Manual and automatic drivers license
SCHADS level 4-5 depending on experience and qualifications
Provide support, community education, early intervention and activities to vulnerable children and young people (up to 18 years), and their families in the remote communities. Provide support to clients, family members and volunteers.
Working at Waltja
Waltja is a community based Aboriginal Organisation, based in Alice Springs, working across the Central Desert Region. Waltja supports the development and management of innovative and appropriate services in remote communities.
- Successful job applicants will have a 3 month probation period.
- Salary sacrifice is available after the probation period is completed.
- Waltja staff are required to undertake a police check and hold a current Ochre Card.
- Positions identified as Aboriginal Identified are as per section 57 of the Anti Discrimination Act 1996(NT).
- Aboriginal people are also encouraged to apply for all other positions.
- Waltja is smoke free in the workplace and on the job