Donate to Waltja
Our online Art Store is currently closed and will reopen in early January with lots of beautiful art for sale.
In the meantime you may like to donate to our Emergency Relief Fund or General Fund. It is also possible to pledge a monthly donation to our General Fund – you can elect to cancel at any time or put your pledge on hold at any time.
We are a registered charity and donations are tax deductible in Australia. A tax receipt will be issued for each donation.
24 Hour Fundraiser Dec 17-18, 2018
Many services in Central Australia and Alice Springs shut down or operate on skeleton staff during December and January. This puts added burden on Waltja. Our Emergency Relief Funds have reached a critically low point. We would like to raise $3,000 to help people out during this period. Can you donate?
Our Emergency Relief Fund helps with the following over Christmas period:
- Food vouchers, Fuel vouchers to return home, Blankets, Clothing, Baby needs, money for medicine
- Assisting with return to country if stuck in town.
- Assisting with medical reasons
- Youth stuck in town and need assistance to meet basic needs
- Assisting with basic needs as Christmas is an expensive time of year.
- Assisting carers who support large families and disability needs.
- Assisting renal patients.
- Limited organisational funds to support people in need.
- Family breakdowns as Christmas can be a stressful time of year
- Assisting with transportation options
- Limited service provisions for communities over Christmas
- Assisting to keep families safe, strong and together at Christmas.
If we do not have funds available to provide food vouchers, fuel vouchers or financial assistance, we help the person find another service who can help. It is not always possible to assist everyone in need.
Thank you to all our followers on social media who helped us by promoting our cause and by donating. In less than 24 hours $3000 has been donated to our Emergency Relief Fund to help us through the tough December/January season.