Many services in Central Australia and Alice Springs shut down or operate on skeleton staff during December and January. This puts added burden on Waltja. Our Emergency Relief Funds have reached a critically low point. We would like to raise $3,000 to help people out during this period. Can you donate?
Our Emergency Relief Fund helps with the following over Christmas period:
- Food vouchers, Fuel vouchers to return home, Blankets, Clothing, Baby needs, money for medicine
- Assisting with return to country if stuck in town.
- Assisting with medical reasons
- Youth stuck in town and need assistance to meet basic needs
- Assisting with basic needs as Christmas is an expensive time of year.
- Assisting carers who support large families and disability needs.
- Assisting renal patients.
- Limited organisational funds to support people in need.
- Family breakdowns as Christmas can be a stressful time of year
- Assisting with transportation options
- Limited service provisions for communities over Christmas
- Assisting to keep families safe, strong and together at Christmas.
If we do not have funds available to provide food vouchers, fuel vouchers or financial assistance, we help the person find another service who can help. It is not always possible to assist everyone in need.
WALTJA TJUTANGKU PALYAPAYI CORP is a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) and is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR).
ABN: 82 572 914 004
It is covered by Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.Waltja is a registered charity with the Australian Government Australian Charities and not-for-profits Commission.