This is a Waltja project for Aboriginal people with a disability to understand the NDIS. The NDIS is the National Disablity Insurance Scheme. It is a new way for people with a disability to get the services and help that they need. Waltja wants to help people with a disability make strong decisions about what the NDIS can provide from them.
The Ninti Connector Project is in Willowra (Leanne Wickham), Laramba (Bessie Dixon), Papunya (Isobel Gorey) and Engawala (Susie Williams).
What will a Ninti Connector do?
* meet with Waltja’s staff to learn about the NDIS
* meet the people with disability and their carers on your community
* help people with disability to understand how the NDIS works
* help the NDIS workers to talk with disability clients and make plans
* come to a Waltja NDIS workshop in Alice Springs in September
If you or a family member need help with the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) contact your community Ninti Connector. They will help you find answers to your questions and get the right forms filled in.