Strong Girls program participants Maria Kypreos, Iesha Poyner-Gambley, Celina Lloyd, Marmie Bowen, Cylest O’Keefe and Natalie Maymuru attended the Indigenous Women’s Leadership and Economic Development Forum.
The gathering was for Indigenous women to listen, to talk and to share ideas about leadership and economic development for themselves, their families and their communities.
The girls were able to hear from inspirational Aboriginal women who shared with the group their own personal stories of family life, education, employment, mentoring and leadership qualities, successful small businesses and ways that we all can support and better our own communities.
Inspiration Aboriginal Women Guest speakers included:
- Lenore Dembski, forum organizer, business owner, fashion designer and manager records & information at NT Dept of Education
- May Rosas, Director of Diganbal Design Katherine
- Cilla Collins, CEO NAAJA, former CEO & film producer CAAMA
- Christine Ross, Managing Director Christine Ross Consultancy
- Leeanne Caton, CEO Aboriginal Affairs Strategy NT Government.
Minister Bess Price, Minister for Local Government & Community Services, housing, Womens Policy, Men’s Policy, Parks & Wildlife & Statehood. A very informative day for students and staff.