This program engages young parents in a positive parenting program by assisting them to access information, resources and connecting them to community support services.
The program will facilitate group activities directed to positive parenting, including but not limited to:
- nutrition and healthy eating,
- financial management
- health and wellbeing of babies and toddlers
- assist members of the group to create educational resources to share with the community and other interested parties
- engage collaboratively with local schools and services
- build community support for young parents
- improve access of young parents to services
- provide young parents with information and resources on positive parenting
- build the skills, knowledge and confidence of young parents.
- provide individual or family support to young parents, particularly young parents with premature or at risk children.
Aim: To improve the parenting of young children, supporting the development of stronger parents and stronger children.
Communities – Areyonga, Watarrka Homelands, Alice Springs.
CLC Community Development Unit