Scroll down for current vacancies. Waltja is a community based Aboriginal Organisation, based in Alice Springs, working across the Central Desert Region. Waltja supports the development and management of innovative and appropriate services in remote communities.
- Successful job applicants will have a 3 month probation period.
- Salary sacrifice is available after the probation period is completed.
- Waltja staff are required to undertake a police check and hold a current Ochre Card.
Waltja’s Board of Management is seeking applicants for the positions listed at the bottom of this page:
- Positions identified as Aboriginal Identified are as per section 57 of the Anti Discrimination Act 1996(NT).
- Aboriginal people are also encouraged to apply for all other positions.
- Selection criteria must be addressed for applications to be considered.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
Selection criteria must be addressed for applications to be considered.
Please send your application to Waltja or email [email protected]
PO Box 8274, Alice Springs NT 0870
All current vacancies:
Position: Family Mental Health Youth Worker
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Waltja trainees as appropriate
Contracted time: 35-38 hours per week, 5 days a week, fixed term
Travel Required: Extensive travel to designated remote communities
Level: SCHADS Award Level 5
Provide support, community education, early intervention and activities to vulnerable children and young people (0-18 years), and their families in the remote communities of Titjikala, Santa Teresa and Finke. Provide support to Aboriginal Family Mental Health community workers and volunteers in Titjikala, Santa Teresa and Finke.
Program: Disability and Aged Programs
Location: Alice Springs
Classification: Based on SCHADS Award Level 6 with salary sacrifice
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Term: 12 month contract, ongoing pending funding
Irregular work on an as needs basis
If interested, please contact [email protected] or call 08 89534488 for more information