Community Liaison Officers are the people who help parents, guardians, carers and community members in their interaction with Yirara College.
The Community Liaison Officer provides help with the following:
- assistance to enrol a student at Yirara College
- arrange for students to travel home for a special reason
- organises student travel to and from the College for the school terms
- arranging a talk with a teacher about a student’s work and welfare
- arranging a talk with a House Parent about boarding
CLO staff travel regularly to communities. Look for the car with the Yirara sign and say ‘hello’, talk about your community and your young people. CLO staff promote the importance and value of education and the programs that Yirara offers.